WHAT IS INTERESTING ABOUT AGRICULTURE?
A lot of people ask farmers like us that what is interesting about agriculture? and that’s why we have worked hard to put this piece together.
As oxygen is essential for living things to sustain life, so as agriculture is essential for humans and the world at large to survive which is the most interesting part of the practice of agriculture.
Agriculture is the art or science of cultivating the ground, including the harvesting of crops, and the rearing and management of livestock. Agriculture can also be defined as the science or practice of farming, including cultivation of the soil for the growing of crops and the rearing of animals to provide food, wool and other products.
Importance of Agriculture
The three Domain of agriculture are it significance, benefits, and it importance which makes it an interesting part to human live. Speaking of the interest in agriculture, we discuss the domain of this subject.
- The significance of agriculture: In answering the question of what is interesting about agriculture, we will start by talking about it’s significance. Many farmers, especially ones from underdeveloped and developing countries, rely on agriculture for their family’s livelihood. It is the primary source of their income or earnings, food products and few other vital materials. Agriculture provides direct employment for farmers who depend on it to sustain themselves and their families.
- The benefits of agriculture: this explains and point the interest of the practice. Civilization began with agriculture, and though humanity has changed significantly, agriculture still remains very indispensable. Here are reasons why agriculture is indispensable.
- Agriculture is the main source of raw materials: raw materials such as palm oil, wood, sugar, cotton, come from agriculture. These materials are vital and important to many industries which are unknown to many. Pharmaceutical industries, plastic industries, diesel fuel cannot function properly without these materials.
- Agriculture is important to international trade: livestock, crop produce and raw materials from agriculture make up for nations international trade. Countries in possession of plenty agricultural supplies exchange them and trade for materials they don’t have. For example, Europe is the first trader of agricultural products likewise, corn is America’s biggest agricultural commodity, the United States’ agricultural sector produces over $300 billion in commodities annually and employs millions of people.
- Agriculture can help heal the environment: the practice of agriculture possesses the power to heal. When farmers prioritize biodiversity on their land, it benefits the earth. This results to less erosion, healthier pollinators, quality soil and good water conservation. So, we can say agriculture in its Interesting part is an important part of the cycle of life.
- Agriculture drives innovative technology: through artificial intelligence, genetics and mutation and more, farmers and scientist have come together to study and find out ways to increase crop productivity, short time of livestock to reach certain stages and reduce harmful impacts on the environment.
Also, the importance of agriculture to humans everyday Life. First and foremost, agriculture as a source of food supply. This aspect of agriculture is inevitable.
No matter where or what you are eating, the basic food and it ingredients came from the practice and existence of agriculture (which is a core to human survival). If the agriculture sector of a particular nation or country is suffering or not in a balance such country or nation will battle food insecurity and severe malnourishment.
- It provides employment: the agricultural industry is one of the biggest sources of employment in many nations. Whether it is working as a farmer, scientist, technician, harvester etc. Agricultural jobs help to reduce unemployment which leads to poverty and insecurity.
- Agriculture also helps with economic development: when trade, national revenue, and employment are combined in a positive way, a county enjoys reduced poverty, foreign exchange and boost in economic growth.
Branches of Agriculture: –
- Crop production and raw materials.
- Livestock management.
- Agricultural economics.
- Agricultural engineering.
Always keep in mind when agriculture thrives, fewer people go hungry.
To get started with agriculture, you can check out our blog posts for ideas and strategies.